- 27.11.2020 р. (Friday) 11:00 an online seminar will be held - Prof. Alexei Tepikin (Professor, Department of Molecular Physiology & Cell Signalling, Institute of Systems, Molecular & Integrative Biology, University of Liverpool):Ca2+ signalling, bioenergetics and autophagy: a lesson from pancreatic acinar cells. Meeting ID: 891 7477 2690 Passcode: 131119 Join
- 20.11. 2020 (Friday) 11:00 As part of the NEUROTWIN / Horizon 2020 grant agreement, an online seminar will be held - Knowledge transfer: State-of-the-art Research Series - Prof. Arthur Konnerth (Senior Professor for Neuroscience, Jana Hartmann, PD Dr, TUM School of Medicine, Munich, Germany): Orai2 and Ca2+ homeostasis in the brain: A tale of two types of neurons Meeting ID: 891 7477 2690 Passcode: 131119 Join
- 20.11.2020 року Оголошено конкурс на заміщення вакантних посад Інституту фізіології ім.О.О. Богомольця НАН України. Детальна інформація
- On November 17, 2020 at 12.00 a meeting of the specialized scientific council will take place online on the ZOOM platform https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85606203359 Meeting ID: 856 0620 3359 == Detailed information in the Section of the Specialized Academic Council
- 'We are deeply saddened to announce that on November 14, 2020, at the age of 89, an outstanding pathophysiologist, specialist in clinical physiology and space medicine, long-term head of the department of clinical connective tissue physiology, doctor of medical sciences, professor, laureate of the Presidium of the USSR Academy of Sciences, Honored Worker passed away. of Science and Technology of Ukraine, laureate of the State Prize of Ukraine, the prize named after O.O. Bogomolets VADYM YAKYMOVYCH BEREZOVSKY '. We express our condolences to the family and colleagues in connection with such a heavy loss. The bright memory of VADYM YAKYMOVYCH will forever remain in our hearts. The farewell ceremony will take place on Monday, November 16 at 12:00 in the crematorium of the Baykovo cemetery.
- 13.11. 2020 р. (Friday) 11:00 NEUROTWIN Knowledge Transfer ZOOM conference: State-of-the-art Research Series - State-of-the-art Research Series - Prof. Boris Safronov (Professor, Head of the Neuronal Networks Research Group, Institute of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Portugal): Afferent-driven presynaptic inhibition of nociceptive inputs to lamina I neurons Meeting ID: 891 7477 2690 Passcode: 131119 Join
- Dear colleagues! NEUROTWIN project partner - Professor Georgy Bakalkin (Molecular Neuropsychopharmacology Group, Department of Pharmacy and Biological Research, Uppsala University, Sweden) invites the Institute staff to a series of online seminars on biological sciences, which will be held on Thursdays. This week's speakers:
12.11.2020 р. (Thursday) о 10.00 Prof. Robert Fredriksson:Solute carriers in the regulation of metabolism та Prof. Göran Alderborn: Current research program in the pharmaceutical technology group.
Meeting ID: 637 4402 8735 Passcode: farmbio Приєднатись
- 05.11.2020 р., 10.10 NEUROTWIN EXCHANGE MEETING - GORAZD WEISS (Senior expert and Head of the Unit "Research Policy and Developmen"t at the Centre for Social Innovation (ZSI), Austria): Horizon Europe - the next research and innovation framework programme. Meeting-ID: 930 6446 5154 Code: 056634 Join
- 06.11.2020 11:00 NEUROTWIN Knowledge Transfer ZOOM conference: State-of-the-art Research Series – Prof. Dmitri Rusakov (Professor of Neuroscience and Wellcome Trust Principal Fellow, UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology, University College London, United Kingdom): Exploring presynaptic mechanisms of synaptic function with optical sensors Join Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 891 7477 2690 Passcode: 131119
- 1-10 November, 2020 Brain awareness week Ukraine 2020 COVID edition. Zoom - conference.
- 02.11.2020 (Monday), 20:00 lecture - Ph.D. Alexei Boldyrev : "Parasites of the brain: non-fiction stories."Meeting ID: 844 6413 7299 Passcode: 903830 Join
- 03.11.2020 (Tuesday), 20:00 lecture - prof. Nana Voitenko : "Emotions and the brain: who controls whom?Meeting ID: 844 6413 7299 Passcode: 903830 Join
- 04.11.2020 (Wednesday), 20:00 film discussion - Victoria Kosyak: "Bipolar Disorder" and discussion of the film "Collection of Rays of Hope /Silver Linings Playbook”. Meeting ID: 844 6413 7299 Passcode: 903830 Join
- 05.11.2020 (Thursday), 20:00 lecture Ph.D. Bizhan Sharopov : "Behind the scenes of logic, or How the brain performs judgments and calculations". Meeting ID: 844 6413 7299 Passcode: 903830 Join
- 06.11.2020 (Friday), 20.00 Ph.D. Vasyl Nagibin : "Immune spies in the brain: mast cells and their role in nervous diseases". Meeting ID: 844 6413 7299 Passcode: 903830 Join
- 07.11.2020 (Saturday) film discussion prof. Victor Dosenko : "Multiple Sclerosis" and discussion of the film "Forward / Go Now" Meeting ID: 844 6413 7299 Passcode: 903830 Join
- 08.11.2020 (Sunday), 20:00 lecture Ph.D. Victor Komarenko : "Reducing risks, or why modern neuroscience." Meeting ID: 844 6413 7299 Passcode: 903830 Join
- 09.11.2020 (Monday), 20:00 lecture prof. Victor Dosenko : "Conation is a forgotten third of the mind".Meeting ID: 844 6413 7299 Passcode: 903830 Join
- 10.11.2020 (Tuesday), 20:00 film lectures Sergey Goncharov: Lecture "Schizophrenia" and discussion of the film "Mind Games"/ A Beautiful Mind”. Meeting ID: 844 6413 7299 Passcode: 903830 Join
- Call for 2020 Platon Kostyuk Award is open. Information
- 30.10.2020 11:00 NEUROTWIN Knowledge Transfer ZOOM conference: State-of-the-art Research Series – Prof. Georgy Bakalkin (Senior professor at the Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Uppsala University, Sweden): Motor impairments by brain injury: challenging neurological dogma. Join Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 891 7477 2690 Passcode: 131119
- 30.10., 06.11., 13.11., 20.11. 2020 р. 11:00 NEUROTWIN Knowledge Transfer ZOOM conference: State-of-the-art Research Series Agenda
- 26.10.2020 р. 14:00 NEUROTWIN Scientific Writing Workshop – ZOOM conference. Series "Publication strategy of the scientist" - Ph.D. Tikhonkova Irina (information-analytical resources and training, Clarivate): Principles of scientific communication. Types of scientific literature. Databases of scientific literature: specialized and scientometric on the example of Medline (PubMed) and Web of Science. Ghb Join the conference - Meeting ID: 832 3062 4790 Passcode: 749980
- 28.10.2020 р. 12.00 NEUROTWIN Scientific Writing Workshop – ZOOM conference.Series "Publication strategy of the scientist" - Ph.D. Tikhonkova Irina (information-analytical resources and training, Clarivate): Scientific publication is an atomic unit of scientific communication. What does a publication in an international publication give a scientist? How to choose a publication to publish? Check the indexing of the publication in the Web of Science Core Collection. Join the conference Meeting ID: 834 5958 2761 Passcode: 894034
- 02.11.2020 р. 14.00 NEUROTWIN Scientific Writing Workshop – ZOOM conference. Series "Publication strategy of the scientist" - Ph.D. Tikhonkova Irina (information-analytical resources and training, Clarivate): Presentation of the scientist's achievements. Author profiles and their functions. Difficulties in identifying the achievements of a scientist in Science databases and how to avoid them, search for the author in the Web of Science. Join the conference Meeting ID: 889 8380 4721 Passcode: 994603ї
- September 24, 2020, With the support of the international project NEUROTWIN-Horizon 2020 Information Day: "Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) - an effective tool for internationalization of innovation and activation of the transfer of academic technologies" "Bogomolets Institute of Physiology of NAS of Ukraine, st. Bogomolets 4, Kyiv, Ukraine, room 214 (lab building) at 11:00) Програма
'Directorate and staff of the Institute of Physiology. O.O. Bogomolets of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine expresses deep condolences to the family and friends, friends, and colleagues of Borys Yevhenovych Paton'
Farewell to Borys Paton is planned for Saturday, August 22, in the club of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (7 Institutska Street, Khreschatyk Metro Station) from 10:00 to 12:00. Funeral at Baykovo Cemetery at 3 p.m.
According to the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science № 946 dated 22.07.2020, the term of office of the specialized scientific council D 26.198.01 was extended to 15 May 2021.'
This continues to provide the opportunity to defend Ph. D. theses scheduled 'until September 2016.'
The deadline for applications for the defense of candidate dissertations with the appropriate package of documents, dissertation, and abstract 'December 24, 2020.'
- 'Academy of Europe - Academia Europaea * - congratulated its full member, Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine Oleh Oleksandrovych Kryshtal on his 75th birthday and noted his scientific and literary achievements'. Details.
- Additional submission deadline. Royal Society of Canada Competition for Grants 2020! Details
- Defense of the dissertation for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy of Semenikhina Margarita Alekseevna on the topic " The role of protease-activated receptors of the first type in the pathogenesis of behavioral disorders caused by status epilepticus " will be held on 24.07.2020 at 12:00 at O.O. Bogomolets Institute of Physiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, details
- The staff of the Institute of Physiology. O.O. Bogomolets of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine sincerely congratulates Doctor of Biological Sciences, Professor Dmytro Arturovych Vasylenko, on the Jubilee !!! Colleagues and friends wish you good health for many years, creative inspiration, the fulfillment of the most important wishes, and goodness and peace.
- Under the NEUROTWIN grant program, a competition is announced to support the publication of works by the employees of the O.O. Bogomolets Institute of Physiology in journals on the profile of "Neuroscience" have open access (Open Access Journals).Details, Sample letter
- The staff of the O.O. Bogomolets Institute Physiology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine sincerely congratulates dear Oleh Oleksandrovych Kryshtal - Director of the Institute, Doctor of Biological Sciences, Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine on the Jubilee! Colleagues and friends wish you good health, creative inspiration, kindness, peace and harmony, worthy students, and many more useful years! Information
- In connection with the COVID-19 epidemic, the NEUROTWIN grant program continues and slightly changes the terms of the competition for the best publication for 2017-2020 in Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience. The winner of the competition will receive a grant to participate in any European conference on the neuroscience of his / her choice. Detailed information
- The staff of the O.O. Bogomolets Institute of Physiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine sincerely congratulates the corresponding member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Skibo Halyna Hryhorivna, on the Jubilee !!! He wishes you a festive mood and good health, peace and prosperity, optimism and inexhaustible energy, relentless progress, and new achievements!
List of publications on the topic of the dissertation
List of publications on the topic of the dissertation
- Dear colleagues! FENS announced the competition results for grants to participate in the XII Forum on Neuroscience FENS 2020 . The winners were awarded grants equal to their registration fees. For all those who have received a FENS grant, the NEUROTWIN program can help pay for the abstract. All those who applied but did not receive a grant can urgently apply for a grant from the NEUROTWIN program (until 13.05.2020, inclusive). Details
- The Institute's staff sincerely welcomes Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine Skybo Halyna Hryhorivna, Ph. D. Lushnikova Iryna Vasylivna, and Ph.D. Kovalenko Tetyana Mykolayivna , who according to the results of the competition in 2019 was awarded the prize of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine named after P.G. Kostyuk for a series of works "Structural changes in the nervous tissue of the brain in ischemic lesions." We wish you further success!
- The staff of the Institute sincerely congratulates Academician of the NAS of Ukraine Mykola Serhiiovych Veselovsky with the award of the NAS of Ukraine "For preparation of scientific change" We wish further success!
- A new version of the Statute of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine will be adopted at the regular General Meeting of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Researchers of the institutions of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine are invited to provide suggestions for its improvement. Please send proposals to Gotsulyak Yaroslav Mykolayovych no later than May 6, 2020, to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org Charter of the NAS of Ukraine
List of publications on the topic of the dissertation
Questions and comments should be sent to: email@example.com
Report Presentation List of publications on the topic of the dissertation
Send questions and comments to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VIII Congress of the Ukrainian Society of Neuroscience is postponed to 2021
- 14th School-seminar "Biophysical research methods in neuroscience and physiology" is postponed indefinitely
- The 3rd Innovation Days "Biotech meets Business 2020" are postponed indefinitely
- Events that were planned for the Brain Week in Ukraine based on the O.O. Bogomolets Institute of Physiology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine are postponed indefinitely
- March 28, 2020. With the support of the international project NEUROTWIN Innovation Center of Kyiv Academic University of NAS of Ukraine invites you to take part in the '3rd Innovation Day "Biotech meets Business 2020"' (Kurdyumov Institute of Metal Physics of NAS of Ukraine, Blvd. Vernadsky, 36, Kyiv, Ukraine). Updated information Registration
- March 6, 2020, in preparation for the 3rd Innovation Day of Kyiv Academic University (KAU) Biotech meets Business, which is supported by the international project NEUROTWIN for scientists and developers who want to participate in the plenary session and present their business developments and potential We plan to organize a master class for investors with invited professional mentors who will conduct a free training on writing pitch presentations Інформаційний лист. Програма. Зразок презентації 1. Зразок презентації 2
- April 27-29, 2020, the XVI International Scientific Conference "Youth and Progress in Biology" is dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the Faculty of Biology of Lviv National University. I. Franko and the 90th anniversary of the birth of prof. M.P. Derkach (Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, 1 Universitetska Street, Lviv, Ukraine)Детальна інформація
- The NEUROTWIN grant program announces a competition for the best publication for 2017-2020 in Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience. The competition winner will receive a grant to participate in the XII Neuroscience Forum FENS Forum 2020, which will take place in Glasgow, Scotland, July 11-15, 2020. Details
- February 28 (Friday) 2020 seminar Ph.D. Volodymyr Krotov: “THE ROLE OF NEURONS OF THE X-PLATE OF THE SPINAL CRAIN IN NOCYCEPTION” (OO Bogomolets Institute of Physiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 4 Bogomolets Street, Kyiv, Ukraine, room 214 (lab building) at 10:30. Information
- February 21 (Friday) 2020 seminar Yelyashova SI: "MECHANIC SENSITIVITY OF THE BLADDER: MYOGENIC COMPONENT" (Bogomolets Institute of Physiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 4 Bogomolets Street, Kyiv, Ukraine) 214 (lab. Building) at 10:30). Information
- NEUROTWIN grant program announces a competition for students and young scientists of the Institute of Physiology. O.O. Bogomolets to receive grants to participate in the XII Forum on Neuroscience FENS 2020, to be held in Glasgow, Scotland on July 11-15, 2020.Information
- February 14 (Friday) 2020 seminar Ph.D. Shatursky O.Ya .: "pH-DEPENDENCE OF THE DIMENSIONS OF THE TIME OF THE CHANNEL FORMED BY DIPHTHERIUM TOXIN, AND MODULATION OF ITS TOXIC ACTION (Ukraine. 214 (lab. Building) at 10:30). Information
- January 31 (Friday) 2020 seminar Ph.D. Duzhoy DE: “MECHANISMS OF EXCITABILITY OF PN-SENSITIVE NEURONS OF DORSAL GANGLES IN INFLAMMATION” (OO Bogomolets Institute of Physiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Building 4, 4 Bogomolets St., Kyiv, vul. : 30) Information
- The Federal Ministry of Education and Research of Germany has launched a new program "German-Ukrainian Centers for Advanced Research in Ukraine" Details at the link:
- According to the Order of the Director of the O.O. Bogomolets Institute of Physiology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Academician OO Crystal and following the Resolution of the Presidium of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine України149 of 15.05.2019 in March 2020 will be held the next certification of researchers and leading engineers of the Institute of Physiology. O.O. Bogomolets of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
- The staff of the O.O. Bogomolets Institute of Physiology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine sincerely congratulates Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine 'Mykola Serhiiovych Veselovsky' on the Jubilee !!! He wishes you good health and well-being, optimism and creative inspiration, talented students, and success in research and work, the realization of personal ideas and desires!
O.O. Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology of National Academy of Sciences (NAS) of Ukraine was founded in 1953 as a result of the merging of the Institute of Experimental Biology and Pathology (IEBP) of the Ministry of Health of the Ukrainian SSR and the Institute of Clinical Physiology (ICP) of the Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR.
Both institutes were founded in 1931 - 1934 due to the initiative of Academician OO Bogomolets, a world-renowned scientist who was the director and supervisor of these two institutions until 1946. During 1946 - 1953, they managed the institutes of experimental biology and pathology and clinical physiology, respectively - O.O. Bogomolets and RE Kavetsky.
The scientific activity of the institutes was of great importance for the development of physiology. These institutes have studied and researched allergy, immunity, hypoxia, tumor development, and the most important issues of endocrinology, gerontology, and geriatrics. Based on the research of O.O. Bogomolets, original concepts that became important milestones in the development of some areas of physiology was created. These include connective tissue physiology, blood transfusion effects, body reactivity, cytotoxic sera, and more.
In 1953, A.M. Vorobyov, Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, became the newly established Institute of Physiology director. O.O. Worshipers. From 1956 to 1966, the Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine AF Makarchenko headed the institute. During this time, departments of electrophysiology (headed by Academician DV Vorontsov), General Physiology (headed by Academician PG Kostyuk), Biophysics (headed by Corresponding Member of NASU AA Gorodetsky), Physiology of Aging were established. (Chairman - Doctor of Medical Sciences NV Lauer) and others.
From 1966 to 2010, the institute was headed by Academician of NASU PG Kostyuk. Since 2011, the Academician of NASU O.O. Krishtal is the director of the institute.
O.O. Bogomolets Institute of Physiology is a research center in molecular physiology, biophysics, neurophysiology, and pathological physiology. For the first time in the former Soviet Union, microelectrodes were used at the institute to study the structural and functional organization of neural centers, biophysical and molecular mechanisms of neural excitation and inhibition. Methods of intracellular dialysis of the cell soma have been developed and applied to study the membrane and molecular mechanisms of cells' neural functions. New data on physical and chemical processes in nerve and muscle cells, synaptic transmission mechanisms, and ionic mechanisms of excitation were obtained. The order of participation and response to stimuli by different groups of cortical neurons and the mechanisms of inhibitory processes in the cerebral cortex were identified.
The modulating effect of different parts of the brain on cardiovascular reflexes, the relationship between central and peripheral mechanisms of vascular tone regulation under functional load were determined. Original models of acute myocardial dystrophy leading to shock have been developed. Important data were obtained on immunogenic disorders of the cardiovascular system.
A new set of methods for determining the effectiveness, condition, and level of athletes' training, methods of functional diagnosis of cardiovascular and respiratory diseases were developed. New methods of studying higher human nervous activity have been proposed, and appropriate equipment has been developed. Studies were conducted to determine the intensity of work, to develop physiological criteria for professional selection. A method of optimizing the dose of mineral water "Naftusya" was developed, which increased the effectiveness of spa treatment of kidney and liver diseases.
Documents are accepted from June 25 to September 10.