Brain Awareness Week 2012
On March 23 during the Brain Awareness Week, Kiev House of Scientists will host a roundtable on "Neural Disorders: Advances and Challenges", organized by Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, International Cener of Molecular Phusiology od NASU and Ukrainian Society for Neuroscience. This event will be open for general public, high school students, university students and senior persons. Invited leading scientists of the Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology will deliver lectures to a wide range of listeners, including politicians, journalists and prominent cultural figures.
- 15:00 – 15:30 – Nana Voitenko: "World Brain Awareness Week";
- 15:30 – 16:00 – Oleg Krishtal: "Why it hurts?";
- 16:00 – 16:30 – Galina Skibo: "The character of neurodegenerative diseases"
- 16:30 – 17:00 – Discussion, closing round table.
Neuroscience for schoolchildren
During the Brain Awareness Week in Ukraine (March 16-23) lead scientists and young neurophysiologists gladly welcome elementary and middle school students to the Institute laboratories. During these days children will have chance to listen to interesting lectures concerning human brain and keeping it healthy, to see popular science films and experiments that demonstrate brain function. Schoolchildren will be involved in measuring tactile, pain and temperature sensitivity. They also will observe tests with laboratory animals, examine different tissue types and cells through a microscope and draw them. Pupils will learn how to find structure differences between various cells and how to make conclusions of the work they done. During the lectures children also will get to know how synapses work and what their role in information transmission is, mechanisms of learning and memory formation. They will be told about the necessity of “training” their brain, to improve memory and intellectual activity. Tobacco, drug and alcohol abuse and their influence on brain function and health will be also highlighted. Pre-registration is required via e-mail: nana[at]biph.kiev.ua
Фотографии с мероприятий Brain Awareness Week (BAW 2012) для школьников (19,21,23 марта 2012 г) доступны для просмотра и скачивания в интернете в службе Google "Веб-альбоми Picasa" (Альбомы и архивы разбиты по датам и времени):
- BAW2012 (19.03.2012) https://plus.google.com/photos/118432175855279340262/albums/5724103836750602913
- BAW2012 (21.03.2012 12:00) https://plus.google.com/photos/118432175855279340262/albums/5724104347335572161
- BAW2012 (21.03.2012 13:00) https://plus.google.com/photos/118432175855279340262/albums/5724105052639133793
- BAW2012 (21.03.2012 14:00) https://plus.google.com/photos/118432175855279340262/albums/5724105279454556913
- BAW2012 (23.03.2012) https://plus.google.com/photos/118432175855279340262/albums/5724105813464653569
Есть также видео (презентация для младших школьников):
- BAW2012 - Лекция Наны Войтенко (19.03.12) - ч.1.avi http://fileshare.in.ua/6021066
- BAW2012 - Лекция Наны Войтенко (19.03.12) - ч.2.avi http://fileshare.in.ua/6021071
Фотографии архивом целиком: