Prof. OLEG O. KRISHTAL
Інститут Фізіології ім. Богомольця
- Date of Birth: July 5, 1945
- Place of Birth: Kiev, USSR
- Citizenship: Ukraine
- Mailing Address: Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, Bogomoletz Str.4, Kiev, 01024, Ukraine
- Residence Address: Klovsky Descent 5, App. 61, Kiev, 01021, Ukraine
- Telephone: +380 44 256 25 24 (office), +380 44 253 90 83 (home), +380 50 410 62 85 (handy)
- Fax: +380 44 256 25 90
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web-site: http://www.deptcm.kiev.ua/krishtal/
- Present positions: Director of Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, Kiev, Head of the Department of Cellular Membranology, Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, Kiev
- University degree in Molecular Physics (1968),
- PhD (1971),
- Doctor of Sciences (1978),
- Professor (1983),
- Corresponding Member of the Ukrainian (1985) and Russian (1987) Academies of Sciences,
- Member of Academia Europaea (1990),
- Full Member of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences (1997)
- Department of Biophysics and Physiology, Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, Kiev, 1968-70.
- Junior Scientist, Department of General Physiology of Nervous System, Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, Kiev, 1970-75.
- Senior Scientist of the above-mentioned department, 1975-82.
- Head of Department for Cellular Membranology, 1982 - up to date.
- Deputy Director, Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology 2002- 2010.
- President of Ukrainian Society for Neuroscience 2005 – up to date
- President of Ukrainian Physiological Society 2010 – up to date
- Director, Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology 2011 – up to date
- University of Kyushu, Japan, 1983, 1986.
- Harvard University, USA, 1989.
- Complutense University, Madrid, Spain, 1993.
- University of Pennsylvania, USA, 1994.
- State Prize of the USSR for Science, 1983.
- State Prize of Ukraine for Science, 2003
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute International Scholarships (1995 to 2005)
- Bogomoletz Prize for Physiology, 2013
- Kostyuk Prize for Neuroscience, 2014
Member of Editorial Board in:
- Autonomic Neuroscience,
- Purinergic Signalling
- Frontiers in Neuroscience
- Central European Journal of Biology
169 publication in PubMed by Krishtal O and Kryshtal O; more than 7000 citations on these papers, h-index ca. 40.
- First intracellular perfusion (1975)
- Receptor for protons (ASIC), 1980
- Ionotropic ATP receptors (P2X), 1983.